Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Finally Broke Down and Did It...

So I started a poker blog...much to the joy of some and to the chagrin of others. This is intended to chronicle my progress and growth with regard to that game we all know and love. I may even be so bold as to make some strategy posts from time to time. I play online a couple hours a night and whenever else I can fit it in between school, work, and still having a social life. I've gone through periods where I was [quasi] addicted to playing poker and I like to think that I have a more proper balance in my life with regard to the time I spend staring a digital cards on a screen.


The only site that I play on right now is Bodog due to its ease in relation to transferring money and the fact that the play seems to be worse there than anywhere else. The software does suck a nut, but I overlook that since I never really played more than 3 tables at any time profitably.


At this moment I have $852 online to play with...my goal right now is not to make money to cash out, but to build a roll that will allow me to play in the higher games. I started this most recent foray into online poker with a $200 roll about 1 month ago and I've been running well so I hope that I'm able to continue that level of success. I am mostly a SNG player, but I do also play a couple MTTs on a regular basis. I'm working on my cash game, but it's not where I want it to be at the moment.


I've been reading many poker blogs for a long time now and I hope that this effort I'm putting forth here holds to the high standards that many of you have set. I'm always open to opinions and if I post any hands, I would love the feedback.

9 comments:

smokkee said...

yo Ryan!

welcome to our sick world of degenerates.

Bodog is donkey heaven. i hope they continue to serve U.S. players.

GL on building your BR. you're on the right track (sng's/MTT's) IMO.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the madness.

Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

greetins man...

my blog was the beginning of good things. now that i run as cold as a cadaver, it still cheers me up to hear from the idiots i've come to know here.

GL

Fuel55 said...

Welcome aboard the donkey train.

slb159 said...

I started playing the blogger tourneys as a non-blogger...peer pressure got me to start one. Glad you made the decision on your own.

Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Welcome and don't forget to always play KJ sooted.

NewinNov said...

Welcome. May you not transcend the various levels of poker blogging much like going through the grief process.

Schaubs said...

Hey Ryan! Nice name, I got the same. Glad to have you aboard. I feel like a vet, but I've only been bloggin for 6-7 months now. See ya around. I think Bodog is my next site.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Hey Ryan, welcome to the world of blogging. I started in late dec last year and I've come to enjoy blogging as much as reading others. Good luck and see you at the tables!