Sunday, October 7, 2007

Taking shots and missing

I played a bunch more poker this weekend (starting to become a theme for me). Twice this weekend I tried to take shots at higher limits to jumpstart the bankroll a little bit, without great results.

On Saturday I played in the $25k guarantee on PokerStars, which is a $50/5 buy-in. I wish I had more to write about that, but I busted unceremoniously on the last hand before the 1st break when I had incorrectly read my opponent as weaker than he was. Right after the tournament though I had a really nice session 6-tabling $25NL and won back my buy-in and more.

Then today I took a shot playing some $50NL and just got bitchslapped back into the lower limits. I dropped about a buy-in and a half, but I just played like total shit and don't even really want to talk about it that much. I let myself play scared poker for most of the session and then suddenly decided to make a really big move into aces...it was a real special moment for me. So again I fired up 6 tables of $25NL and tried to grind back what I lost. I ran a little worse than expectation, so I couldn't quite get it all back...but I was able to negate some of the damage.

Now to the more exciting part of my post, I now have about 7k hands of $25NL/PL and I've just been doing really well. I'm running at 27.81BBs/100 hands. That's just awesome for me. I really wanted to be over 20BBs/100 hands once I hit the 5k hand mark, and I've just destroyed that number. For most of the time I've been playing 4-6 tables as well. I do seem to play a little better if I'm only playing 4 tables, but I don't seem to be dropping off much when I have 6 of them up. I have no idea how some people play 10+ tables at a time...that's still beyond me. Basically all multi-tabling is giving me a better hourly rate than what I'm paid at my job...which is just as exciting as it is frustrating. Now lets take a look at a graph:



I've also been trying to work on my limit Omaha hi/lo game...If anyone can help me with that, please let me know. I've been working really hard at it and it's getting upsetting that the results just aren't there yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!