Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What a disappointing day

I managed to play over 1400 hands today...that's not a typo, I played a ton in between my obligations today. I was playing anywhere from 4-9 tables at any given time. Unfortunately, I ran pretty bad. I didn't have any cooler hands (against a reasonable sized stack), but I just kept missing flops in key spots and bleeding chips that way.

I don't remember flopping a set all day and if I did, I didn't get any action on it. I lost tons of all-ins to people with 20-25BB stacks. I was in on the good side of a race every time except once when I ran JJ into AA, again it was only for 25BBs. Whenever I got to the river in a hand, I almost never had the best of it. It was just one of those days that nothing really went right, even though I can't find anything that I did wrong (that's really obvious).

I eventually ended up due to just playing forever and managing to have TPTK hold against a flush draw for a monster pot. Of course when I mention "up" here, I mean that I was up...but running at only 20% of my normal winrate. I suppose that my winrate may have been inflated before though, it could be closer to where it's supposed to be now. I just know that if I play at least 4 tables I'm making more than I do working an hour at my job still, so that's special.

I'm just still cruising at $25NL until I can get my roll up to a point where taking shots at $50NL isn't going to kill me...from what I've noticed so far at that level, the play isn't much better - they're just a whole lot nittier. I'll adjust when the time comes.






At least after playing so many hands I was able to rack up the VPPs.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Things seem to have gotten worse. Yesterday they cancelled class for the entire week. I got on the first train out. They have since stopped the train and shut down the 5 north. I'm at home now.

smokkee said...

wheeeeeeeeee

i luv pokah!