Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Short Term Goal

Yesterday I had one of my worst SNG days in the last few months dropping about $400 at the 25/2 games and the 30/3 games. After that bad run I'm actually running at only a 3% ROI over my last 170 25/2 games. That's discouraging to me. I feel like I need to tweak a few things in my game, specifically the fact that I love to shove over limpers way too much. So I'm dropping back to the 15/1 games for the rest of the month until I feel I'm ready to move up again.

The problem with this is that I'm a points junkie and was on pace to hit Platinum Star this month. So I've decided that I'm still going to make it just playing the 15/1 games. I'll be 16 tabling for the rest of the month and hope to maintain at least a 10% ROI over the 1200-1400 tournaments I think I'll be playing. I'll probably be able to play about 50 a day during the week and more on the weekends. I already have 66 done for today so I'm right on schedule.

Hopefully I'll be able to find and plug some leaks in my game as well as getting some nice money from being in super-grinder mode. I plan to be back at the 25/2 games next month and crushing them.

No comments: