Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Bet

Long delay between posts I know, but it is finals time for us college students and I've been quite busy.

As you may guess that does mean that I haven't had much time to play poker, but when I have played I've felt pretty good about how I'm playing. I've recently focused more on 6-max cash games as opposed to full ring, for 2 reasons:

1. It's a little more fun to be able to play more hands, play more read-dependent poker, and get to be more aggressive.

2. It keeps me from turning into a robot and playing 12 tables because I just can't play that many for 6-max. Right now I'm usually only at 4.

Poker updates will probably come in the next couple days as I should have a good amount of time to put in at the tables. I have a cash goal for the end of the month that may or may not be attainable, it probably just depends on me putting in the hours.


Now on to more interesting things, prop bets. The company that I work for has started a prop bet about losing weight. $50 to enter, whoever loses the highest % of their body weight in 60 days takes the entire prize pool. Over 20 people have entered and the pool is looking mighty fat. As some of you may know about 1 year ago I weighed in at about 290 pounds and through not much more than my diet I've been able to drop myself to just below 230. I still have a lot of weight I can lose though (I'm about 6'1") and feel really good about my odds for the bet. I used to wrestle in high school and the discipline involved in cutting the weight shouldn't be too hard. My goal is to be down 40-50lbs. by the end of the bet. That should put me around or over 20% of my body weight. I can't see the competition beating that, especially as many of them are over 40 and it's not going to be as easy to lose weight as they think.

So I'm on a super crash diet (compared to what I was eating) and I'll be going to the gym quite a bit more over the course of this time. The final date is 2/8/08, so wish me luck =D

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hahaha that's amazing.

Blog more often.

Did you graduate yet?

Rachel said...

Yeah, I finish finals tomorrow. I'll be home for three weeks (maybe a vacation in the middle).

Smoothies on a cold Winter day?

Aaron said...

Not sure if you're still doing this, but if so, I reccomend carb-cycling. Works pretty well for me.

No Deposit Bonus said...

Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Thanks for making such a cool A poker blog...? post which is really very well written.
--------------------------
WWW: Bonus ohne einzahlung & Poker ohne einzahlung