Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Triumphant Return to Limit

As the title may suggest I've started playing limit again. I just love it too much to stay away. There is nothing more fun to me than being able to pound people like to can in limit. When you make that river check/raise that you can tell hits the other guy like a punch in the face. The raise that forces him to think for a second after he had been insta-betting the entire hand. He thinks, acknowledges that he's fucked and then pays you off anyway.

Who said no limit was sexier?

So basically I've been 8-16 tabling $1/2 LHE on stars for the last week. I've put in about 4k hands and am running at 1.5BB/100 but I think that I can get myself up to 2BB/100 if I work at it. I'm already rolled for $2/4 but I want to make sure I'm really comfortable with my game at one level before moving up. Probably going to play another 6k to 11k hands at $1/2 before going and demolishing the $2/4 games.

This move has also allowed me be the points junkie that I've always wanted to be. I'm about an hour of play away from goldstar for this month and I think that I'll be able to get up to platinum during January. Since I won't be in school, all the important things get to come back into my life. By important I of course mean poker, partying, and going to the gym. I'm already excited for it.

To update on the bet I covered briefly last post:

- 17 people entered
- $50 a person, for a total of $850 to the winner
- I have over $120 in side action with more to come I'm sure
- I'm already down around 221 for a loss of 13.6lbs.
- No one else has a chance.

No comments: