Sunday, June 10, 2007

2251 and Done

I'm done playing cash games exclusively. I'm just not playing well. I keep stacking off with hands that I shouldn't because I'm not going to go broke in the hand. I just can't handle myself playing as badly as I am. It upsets me. I'm not even taking any beats most of the time. I'm managing to get my money in bad and not get enough money in good.

So I'm playing and being a calling station at the same time...that's a really good recipe for losing money.

I was only down about 4.5 buy-ins for the 2251 hands I played, I'm just playing too poorly deep stacked right now and I hate to see myself lose money.

I'm back to grinding away at SNGs I guess...I'm playing exclusively 15/1 games and we'll see how I do through 100.

Roll = $772.25

2 comments:

smokkee said...

cash games can be tough. some players make it look ez tho and that's what can tempt a player to keep comin back. you get coolered or sucked out on a couple times and suddenly ur down a couple buy-ins.

hang in there man.

Ryan said...

i honestly think my biggest problem was the fact that i didn't seem to notice when my play was deteriorating.

i would suddenly make 2 or 3 idiot calls in a row and be down a buy-in when i was up 2. i just don't quite have the discipline to stop when i'm playing badly.

something i'm definitely trying to work on though.