Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cash Games Cont.

So I'm still chasing that elusive goal of being profitable in cash games...I put in a TON of hands today because I woke up much earlier than intended this morning. I played over 500 hands today either 2 or 3 tabling, that's just nuts.

I actually dropped another buy-in early but was able to grind out a recovery and am back to almost even since I started this challenge. I had one interesting hand that I'll try to recreate for you right now (Bodog's HHs suck a nut so I'll do my best).

I have about $29 in my stack to start this hand and I have the Villian covered. Villian is new to the table but he just got stacked calling down with 99 on a Q567J board. So my only read is that he looks like a massive calling station and may be tilting from losing a buy-in.

Another new play sits UTG and posts his BB for some reason.
UTG+1 folds.
I raise it up to $1.25 with KhJh from MP1 (this is not my standard play but I had been relatively inactive and wanted the free money from the idiot poster).
MP2 calls.
MP3 (villian) calls.
Button calls.
Blinds fold and poster folds.
4 handed to the flop, Pot ~ $5
Flop: Kc 10d 7h (nice flop for my hand)
I bet out $4.
Only the Villain calls (right now I'm going to punish him the same way I saw him punished when he got stacked, just keep betting into him).
Turn: 7s (not likely to have improved him)
I bet $7
He calls.
River: 3h (this board sure turned out nice for me)
I bet $10.
He calls.
He mucks.

A quick look into the hand history shows he called me down with K6o...he then preceeded to reload and get stacked one more time that orbit and then leave the table. If I could find that guy every time I played I wouldn't need to work.

Roll = $878.51
$25NL hand = 822
Profit = -$10.95
BB/100 ~ -5BB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.