Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Leaks that were fixed...

For about the 10th time I've had a bad night that started playing SNGs, then losing a few, then deciding to play PLO, dropping a few buy-ins, then playing HU limit hold em and losing about 25BBs.

Lessons to be [re]learned today:

1) I'm not good at PLO, I haven't had a winning session in probably my last 10 tries. I don't know what I'm missing about that game right now, but 1AM probably isn't the best time to try and figure it out.

2) I run worse than anyone I've ever seen at HU limit...my sample size is small, but over 150 hands tonight I managed to only win 29% of the hands that went to showdown. This guy was just crushing me. I'm not sure if I just suck at this too...I'm a winning full ring limit player, but HU seems to elude me. Again this time of morning probably isn't the best time to try and figure out my game.

3) When I'm leaving somewhere telling myself that I'm not going to play that night...I need to fucking listen to myself because I know when I'm tilt-prone before I start playing, I have trouble stopping once I start though.

Tonight was a pretty sweet $170 loss...only $48 coming from SNGs which is all I should be playing. Chalk up $122 of the night to me not having any discipline with following my own rules.

Thank god I had that big tourney score to make this night hurt a little less.

Roll = $1271.70

2 comments:

smokkee said...

poker is all about discipline.

believe me i know.

slb159 said...

agreed, smoke...the "I need to make it all back right away" mentality hurts many a players.

Rebel, good to see u tried some cash but it wasn't too high a stakes to hurt u. Nothing wrong with taking a shot...there's always tomorrow if u stay smart and within ur roll.

Keep the chin up, and nice playing with u last night.

Take care