Saturday, June 16, 2007

MTTs goot, SNGs not goot

So I've been playing a lot lately and I've been in a general downward spiral because I'm just running awfully with SNGs and I don't really want to bore everyone with all the details. I'm playing a little too aggressively for the stakes I'm at and I'm getting called very lightly. It's something that I need to tone back in my game as it's leading to me taking too many risks on the bubble.

Before I get to my recent MTT success, I'm thanking my buddy Sam (gamge on FT, he's a SNG beast) for sending me $50 on Full Tilt. Of course I did have to ship some shit to England for him to get it, but it's rad to have money there again.

I've cashed in 4 of my last 5 MTTs. My MTT game has come a really long way recently and I'm probably playing those as good as I ever have. I feel like my big stack play (which was a weakness of mine) is the thing that's come the farthest. I've been able to keep myself out of marginal situations and keep myself from hands where I trap myself into calling reraises. I've basically just been able to really take advantage of short stacks playing less than optimally and just using them to chip up while playing small pot poker if I'm in hands with other larger stacks.

I'm just very comfortable with every level of my MTT play right now. I came very close to final tabling the 4.5k the last 2 times I've played it, busting in 12th and 20th. First is about 1.1k and with the way I'm playing right now I feel like I have a very good chance for a big score in this tourney. I run a pretty good ROI in it and I've never done better than 7th. It's probably one of the better nightly tourneys and has anywhere from a $750 to $250 overlay most of the time.

Rolls:

Bodog - $1211.50
Full Tilt - $54.95 (low stakes purgatory)

1 comment:

bayne_s said...

Bubble satellite play is so atrocious on FullTilt that I feel need to educate others about it.

I play $75 Token Frenzy about every other night and have taken to marking people who understand bubble play and those who don't.

The reason is simple as shorter stack I can make moves with weaker hands against those with stronger hands if they behave predicatably near bubble.

My type "check it down" when I'm the shorty serves three purposes. Humor, educating people at an appropriate time and occaisonally does manage to goad someone into betting.

The goad, bet, fold sequence where I survive and subsequently see folder type in chatbox "you dumbfawk I would have rivered him" are worth more than the tokens to me.