Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ever play 702 hands of break even poker?

I just finished a session like that. I guess technically it wasn't break even...I won a couple of big bets by the end, but I really felt like I should have won more. I was a bit of a calling station earlier in the session and I was mostly able to correct it about halfway through. Sometimes I just can't stand knowing my hand got cracked, so I have to see it. Probably a bad habit.

I've been playing a ton of LHE again. I suppose at this point it's because I love pain...and because I've bubbled 5 of my last 7 SNGs. I can't remember a time when I've run worse at SNGs, just sharkscope SilentRebel on Stars. I assume at this point they have me at super tilt. Actually, I'm still just on regular tilt apparently...my ROI has dropped from 8% to 5% during this time, which is especially depressing because I thought I was a better player than 8%. Oh well.

So as my mentioned it's been back to LHE for me. Specifically I've been playing 6 handed .25/.50 anywhere from 2-4 tables depending on how i'm feeling. I've actually been running really well despite my title suggesting otherwise. I'm running at 3.14BB/100 hands over about 3200 hands so far. My goal initially was to play at least 5k hands at over 1BB/100 hands, so I'm well ahead of that pace and tonight was probably just a little bit of negative variance after running so hot.

Tonight I did break one of my cardinal rules in poker...I harassed a terrible opponent. He had rivered me twice and then once called me down with A high on one hand where I thought he had to fold. Then he had the nerve to flop a set when I flopped TPTK (gold in limit 6 handed) and I turned trips so I lost another big pot. So I started giving him crap about how well he was running. So he responded saying that I got into raising wars too easy. I then told him that if he just sits with me long enough I'll get all his money, it was only a matter of time. Basically I made myself look like an asshat and I hate doing that. Also what I said was true. He was playing over 50% of the hands preflop and winning 70% of all showdowns he saw. No one runs that hot for very long...if we played long enough I was going to get all of his money and that's all there is to it. I don't need to tell him that. Live and learn right?

3 comments:

smokkee said...

when another player rips a bad player at my table, i usually encourage the bad player to stay by telling the other guy he doesn't know that he's talking about, it was a good play, etc.

it also helps me to get paid if i say the bad player is playing well. i.e. i'm might be making similar donkey plays.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the decrease issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=winrar 3.71 final extreme edition (2008) ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Keep up this awesome content, went ahead and added to my opera feed.