Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More of the same

I've played 800 hands since I last posted and it doesn't really seem like much is changing. I suppose this is just a standard thing after the heater I was on, so I can't really be mad. It's pretty frustrating to play 800+ hands and have won only 1 BB after all that. I'm almost to 5000 hands at this level and I'm on pace for my goal pretty easily at this point unless I hit a collosal downswing in my next 500 hands (if posting this jinxes me, I may never blog again). I'm actually on pace to finish the 5000 hands with a winrate of 2BB/100 hands and that would be awesome for me. If this all works out I'll start playing 3 tables of .25/.50 and 1 of .50/1 so I can get into the swing of another level before I move up completely.

One thing I have been proud of is the way I've been dealing with tilt lately...not that I've been able to stop tilting entirely. That would be ridiculous and I would probably be lying to you (and myself). I've just been able to keep it from affecting my play (for the most part) and I've been able to calm myself down a little faster, which is a must if you're playing 4 tables. The fact that I'm playing cash games helps too, on more than 1 occasion I've just stopped playing for like 20 minutes because I was so pissed. That's something you can't do in tournaments/SNGs and something that I probably wouldn't have done in the past.

Poker is about discipline and control. It's something I've continually worked on and it's great to see some growth in that area.

glglgl.

No comments: