Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I post in this thing right?

So occasionally I lose track of this thing no matter how much I enjoy putting my thoughts down...and I really do enjoy that. I feel like some part of my life is being missed in my head if I haven't done any major writing over a decent period of time.

I've been playing a quite a bit of poker lately. I really only let myself play too much in a night tonight...that's one of my big problems in cash games because I start to get a little bored and I make some bad calls/bluffs. Which is what happened to me tonight and I dropped an unneeded amount. Besides a couple of hiccups I have been playing pretty well (not my best, I still play the river like a pussy sometimes...losing value w/strong hands and calling with some hands that are too weak). I've been mixing in some NL, LHE, and PLO. I had a session where I ran super hot playing some PLO with people from 67suited this evening. I bought into a $10 table with $4 and ran it up to $21 or something before I left. That was the biggest limit I've played recently as I've been following proper BR management for a change.

Tonight was my first MTT that I had played since whenever my blog post was. I played a $3.30 freezout on Stars and managed to play great and then terribly. I doubled up on the first hand when I had my opponent drawing dead, from there I played very cautiously and managed to increse my stack nicely with no risk. Then I ran a bluff against a player that I had seen call a pot-sized all-in earlier with nothing more than 2nd pair. He magically folded to me firing the 3rd barrell on the river when I had no business still trying to the run the bluff. I felt like I was just in that poor mindset that Hoy has talked about multiple times on his blog and I eventually knocked myself out of the tourney by bluffing off my chips into top pair. I did like my second bluff better than my first, but both were probably poorly timed/poorly run.

Right after that I stacked off a buy-in playing a cash game because I couldn't fold AA after it was pretty obv (in my mind, my buddy said it was a close spot) that I was beat. I then lost a bunch of chips overplaying another hand. All of these things happen I guess but I had done very well with eliminating them from my game. My pokertracker still shows me as positive in cash games since I started playing on Stars again, so I can't be playing that terribly. I'm not too sure though.


On a life-related note I had probably the best week of the summer last week after going to Hollywood to go see The Format and The Honorary Title, followed up the most epic party weekend ever. We basically had 10 people party it up at this house all weekend with other people coming and going all day, every day. Lots of pool time and spa sessions with a lot of my really good friends.




I just looked over the stuff I wrote about poker and it looks very negative. Results-wise I'm up over $35 just playing micro cash games over my last 2500 or so hands on Stars. I really can't complain, but I was just bothered by a poor session that I just finished...I'm sure you can all relate.

No comments: