Tuesday, July 3, 2007

...from the end comes the beginning

So I'm giving this another attempt.

If nothing else I hate to give up.

I've been trying to manage with a meager roll sitting on Full Tilt right now...it's going alright I suppose. I'm really trying to make a concentrated effort to improve without regard to results. This would be much easier if I didn't have the specter of going broke looming over my shoulder, but I think I've been doing a good job at not being results-oriented. I've been playing a TON of LHE as well as dabbling in a little limit O8 this evening. I feel like my game right now is much better suited to limit cash games rather then letting myself call off my stack with an overpair in NL. Using pokertracker and some LHE training videos I was able to spot a few leaks in my game that were just getting me killed. I feel like I'm playing pretty well a pretty good percentage of the time and while I'm trying my best to improve, I'm in a good place with how I'm playing right now.

I'm still playing a couple SNGs but I really don't want to get overloaded on them again...I can run bad so easily in SNGs and it's so easy to break bankroll control when I'm playing them that I don't really want to subject myself to that. I've played a couple small MTTs but no real results to report from there.

I'm not going to post any bankroll numbers down here or talk about any actual results here anymore. I'll try and stick to how I feel I played. That's all that matters and I need to keep that in my mindset...also I've recently become superstitious about how talking about my results affects my next session ;)


...this is my new musical obsession:

2 comments:

slb159 said...

Well done. As I was told before I started blogging, "if you start a blog, start a blog for yourself and no one else".

So very true. It helps to get things out and helps you reflect on your play, good or bad.

Doesn't matter if your roll is 5$, 10$, 25$, or 25K$, if writing helps you get better, it's worth it.

Nice post and best of luck.

Take care

smokkee said...

welcome back donkerooo.