Friday, July 6, 2007

I finally had one of those sessions...

You know the kind I'm talking about...where you see all your money going to people that aren't nearly as deserving. With how I was playing tonight I should have crushed the games, but I ended down a few bucks. I was actually up until getting bubbled on my last 2 SNGs of the night, but I'm not bitter ;)

I've still been mostly playing LHE and tonight was no different as I put in about 250 hands. I finally had AA cracked tonight. I was wondering when that was going to happen. I had won all 10 times I'd been dealt it since I started my database about 2500 hands ago. It was unfortunate that it was in a 12BB pot, but such is life. I had a couple other big hands cracked by hands that had no business being there, but for the most part it was a pretty straightforward session where I didn't catch many cards. I managed to squeeze out a small win by the end and I was proud of that because I was just getting straight up shit on for a while. I'm still having a little trouble playing AKo out of position. I've noticed that problem in quite a few of my hands. Where I'll open raise and then I'm 3-bet by someone in position. I don't think I'm capping enough in those hands and it's leading me to be lost post-flop if I don't hit. Obv everything is easy if you hit the flop. I do have a tendency to be an overaggro blind defender at times and that's something I have to work on.

This is a hand that I saved just for Smokkee because he thinks playing limit makes you a calling station. I had already seen my opponent overplay one hand earlier so that makes this call down easier, but he probably open raises AK-A9 here preflop so I'm sitting pretty good against what I figure his range to be. The K on the turn is a very good card for me because it's now less likely that he has AK. I'm still unsure if I should have just raised that turn to try for a "free" showdown or maybe a value bet oppurtunity on the river. What this hand really shows is that I don't get bluffed much =)

(I cleaned up the history a little to make it easier to read...I know some people had reading HHs...if you don't see the player after the top part - they folded)

FullTiltPoker Game #2865212529: Table Maggie - $0.25/$0.50 - Limit Hold'em - 3:23:30 ET - 2007/07/06

Seat 1: Nicks Baby ($5.25)
Seat 2: crawfer9999 ($11.05)
Seat 3: Big Slick x13x ($10)
Seat 4: BBeckerFan ($27.90)
Seat 5: luke skiwalker ($11)
Seat 6: IBAlonieS ($7.45)
Seat 7: grupmpynuts ($12.30)
Seat 8: Big_Bobo ($9.05)
Seat 9: crontor ($19.85)
crontor posts the small blind of $0.10
Nicks Baby posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Big_Bobo [Jc Ac]
luke skiwalker raises to $0.50
grupmpynuts calls $0.50
Big_Bobo calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [As 8s 5d]
luke skiwalker bets $0.25
grupmpynuts calls $0.25
Big_Bobo raises to $0.50
luke skiwalker raises to $0.75
grupmpynuts calls $0.50
Big_Bobo calls $0.25
*** TURN *** [As 8s 5d] [Kd]
luke skiwalker bets $0.50
grupmpynuts folds
Big_Bobo calls $0.50
*** RIVER *** [As 8s 5d Kd] [2h]
luke skiwalker bets $0.50
Big_Bobo calls $0.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
luke skiwalker shows [Ad Td] a pair of Aces
Big_Bobo shows [Jc Ac] a pair of Aces
Big_Bobo wins the pot ($5.80) with a pair of Aces
*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $6.10 Rake $0.30
Board: [As 8s 5d Kd 2h]
Seat 5: luke skiwalker showed [Ad Td] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 8: Big_Bobo (button) showed [Jc Ac] and won ($5.80) with a pair of Aces

2 comments:

smokkee said...

i luv when i'm right.

Anonymous said...

Good hand. But it’s easier to understand visually:

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/2127

The hand can be embedded right in your posts.